POETRY - Star Crossed Lovers

Star Crossed Lovers


You and I were not meant to be
Two star-crossed lovers
Hoping for the chance at real love
The emotions are there
& I believe they are real
or, at least,
as real as they can be

We don’t share the same interests
And we don’t talk…really
Yea we joke and kid around
But honestly
I have plenty of friends for that

As many times as I try to tell you
Let’s be friends
You tell me you want more
But I’m afraid
That more with me
Will be too much for you

‘Cause you see
I want a man
That puts me first in his life
I don’t want to be
the “Afterthought”
You kno,
The thing you think about doing
after you do everything else

And you can say
As many times as you’d like
In as many ways as you’d like
That you don’t feel that way about me

But your actions speak louder
Than any words
That could ever
Leave your lips




©Aida Correa 2000

Comments

Popular Posts