Don't Duck!


"Don't duck the most difficult problems. That just ensures that the hardest part will be left when you are most tired. Get the big one done - it's downhill from then on."

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, 1898-1993
American Author and Inspirational Speaker

I received this inspirational quote in my email yesterday. I enjoy collecting inspirational sayings and reading motivational books all for the purpose of getting myself amped up to DO something…. But sometimes, too many times, I fall flat…
See...I am the queen of ducking, just read my blog entry -"Out of hiding" and my battle with procrastination is all too evident. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't get anything done…I just end up taking longer than I believe I should. Not only that, if I just handled what I need to handle when I need to handle it I would get a lot more done.

Now, if you add to the mix stress and difficult times – I all but go underground – and I avoid just about everything. I would love to say it's in my "piscearean" nature since Pisces are notorious for using escape tactics to avoid facing reality. Perhaps, to a certain degree this is true of me, too, but I am bigger than that and my strength lies not in myself, but in someone higher than me. It has become clearer to me, especially in recent weeks, I need to take the first steps, knowing God will help me the rest of the way. The harder the steps the more He shows Himself.

Like just recently, when I thought a situation was all but impossible, I took a chance and found myself in the midst of His favor and I've noticed this trend more and more in my life, but only when I stopped being afraid and stopped "hiding out" -have I seen Him "work". I guess that's what Faith is really about. Moving forward, even if you can't see the way out. Plus what I have found, just as the quote suggests, that once I get the hard stuff out of the way, once I face what I don't want to face most – the rest is easy. It's also easier to have Faith for the smaller things, knowing that God has already helped me take care of the "big" stuff.

So I have been on a mission- Making calls I don't want to make, opening mail I've left sitting because I know what's inside (yeah, I admit it), tackling that storage room (whew) and doing a myriad of other odds and ends…and you know what?- I feel soooo much better!


Hey! This might be a habit I might keep...

Be blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts