POETRY - Sigh*...to be loved

We were in love...

spending days and nights
locked in surreal splendor
under a sweet spell
as words poured from the telephone
into the gateway of our ears -
penetrating our hearts

sigh*
day and night
night and day

not a day would pass without a word from my love
there were no harsh words
only "misunderstandings"
every difficult moment
smoothed over...
soft words and floating kisses
soothed any stings

sigh*
day and night
night and day

my heart fluttered
at the sound of the ring tone
selected especially for him
my love is calling....
my love is calling....
is all I'd hear

and call he did
day after wonderful day
night after glorious night

until we met
and finally succumbed
to the rush of emotions
that ultimately
drowned us both

sigh*



©Aida Correa 2005

Comments

Popular Posts