Sweet Defeat

Ok...So I didn't get to the end of my powerful novel as planned for this month... Today marks the official end of Nanowrimo's National Writing Month Contest and sadly I am not a winner... Or am I?

Yes, there were obstacles along the way..including a computer crash-my home computer to be exact -and yes, I didn't even get to the 10% mark of my 50,000 word goal (I think I'm just short of 5,000 words), and no, sadly there will be no Nanowrimo Winner's Banner on my profile...But, I did, however, gain a great deal of things to feel good about...

Like:

I learned a lot! -

I learned I really can write a novel (which I thought I couldn't) if I really put my mind to it. Even today, my characters haunt me and prod me to keep writing.

I learned I am not as organized and efficient as I thought I was and I could use some extra help in the area of self- discipline...LOL.

I learned I am addicted to the computer and not necessarily in good ways (I am a game and Instant Messenger freak).

I learned I am not as productive at night as I thought I was...I write best during light hours or early evening hours.

I learned to take it easy... at first I was freaked out about not reaching my target, but then I realized there's a time to freak out and a time to re-evaluate...I re-evaluated.

I learned my children are not only very supportive of me, but they are aspiring writers, as well.

I learned its not as easy to motivate your friends as it may seem as first...and its not as easy for your friends to motivate you as you'd like to believe.

Plus:

I now have the beginnings of a novel I can be proud of and I actually began to write it...not someday...but today!

I know I'm going to do it again next year!(God willing)

Old flames have been rekindled this month and fanning them has been just as much fun as writing(wish us luck!)

Many thanks to Nanowrimo for this Opportunity! And a special "shout-out" to my girl Soulflower, she's the one that encouraged this crazy trip!

Comments

Popular Posts